Thursday 9 October 2014

The Kitchen Table...

Living in Style Ibiza, edited by Anke Rice & Clarisse Grumbach-Palme
Wilberts home
Dining Room Table
Gothenburg Home of Nor Toma
Lamp Envy

Having a baby has made me assess what factors made my childhood so special, and one of many great things my parents did was ensured we always had a family meal at the table. With a father that worked abroad, the family meal was a very important consistant in my life, even when it was just my mum, sister and me. We were never a T.V dinner family and we always had to ask to be excused from the table... and that is they way I would like it to be for Alex. The dining table is so much more than a slab of wood/glass, to me it represents family and making time to discuss the days events, to enjoy food and appreciate each others company.

6 comments:

moonpoppy said...

You are so right about that!I wish your family many happy and healthy meals at your, undoubtfully cozy, dining table :)

Rebecca said...

I can't own enough tables :) They are most inviting when surrounded by books and plants, I think.

Babylon Sisters said...

gorgeous - I love these rooms!

acyhoz said...

wahh i really like the 2nd and 3rd one!

Janelle said...

love the quirky glass chandelier! so pretty. x

Tera said...

Thank you for this post. I have been hunting for a dining table for months now. It's important. I want the table that fits us and will be with us awhile.