Saturday 17 May 2014

Save Daughter of The Sun..... (updated)

The wonderful Shining Light that is Amy.... Daughter of the sun
Amy / Daughter of the Sun and Tracey (Prism of Threads)
It baffles me to think some sad individual has actually reported Amy aka Daughter of the Sun's Instagram for the 2nd time and got her account removed. She has been a real light and support through my blogging days and I cant beleive anyone can be offended by her images.... and if they are it does beg the question as to why they follow her!!!

Please read Amy's statement below and if you are on instagram share one of her beautiful images and spread the Love....

"Last night at 2 am, someone reported 12 of  my photos and instagram closed my account once again.  I woke up to many emails from instagram stating that someone had reported my account. There were NO breast-feeding photos, baby booties or any kind of nude or offensive imagery.  I have been VERY careful since my account was taken down before.  Apparently, if someone reports 6 or more of your photos instragram closes your account no matter what the subject matter.  So, i have created a new account where you can find me at @daughterofthesun1.  You can also email press@instagram.com if you feel called to possibly have my account reinstated. Should be easier this time as I had nothing whatsoever on my feed to have caused my acct to be taken down.  I have so much on my plate right now in preparation for the Spirit Weavers Gathering, I honestly do not have the energy to put forth with this.  Would be grateful to share the love #savedaughterofthesun. Thank you once again!"

Update.... Thank you lovely people Daughter of The Sun's Instagram is back up and running xxx

Daughter of the Sun...

10 comments:

Paola said...

What a WONDERFUL picture of you and your baby! Makes me giggle and enlightens my heart!!! I want to put it up on my wall! But then again, I'm a swede...

Love from Sweden!

Anita said...

I can kind of see why she got blocked if she was posting pictures like the one at the bottom - I am sure her child will be so embarrassed in years to come.

But honestly, the most offensive thing about these pictures is how staged they are - just casually doing a headstand when her child feeds from her? Wandering through a field naked with a strategically placed kaftan and sniffing a flower? Wow, so mystic, much enlightened.

(I adore your blog btw - I find many of the pictures you post very inspirational. But overly staged pictures make me roll my eyes SO MUCH).

Boho Mixology said...

Once again my mind boggles to why?!?! Like you said what's to be offended about. People are strange!

Zoe xxx

Unknown said...

Due to the fact that breastfeeding can be quite tedious at times, why not have fun with it! It never occurred to me to try to nurse my kids upside down, my loss!

Moon to Moon said...

Sadly Patti I think I would be a total hazard trying to do that! The poor kid would be squished :)

Dharma said...

I think this is a wonderful page with free spirited attitudes.
I don't know why people were offended. It makes no sense to me.

Pauline West said...

Ah, lovely energy.

Important to remember that freedom terrifies some people.

Free spirits have to be strong. We must stand together, holding the line, until all others are relaxed and also feel safe-

while still protecting ourselves and our own freedoms from the damage that is sometimes done in the meantime.

A difficult balance. The work of a lifetime.

rose | rockrosewine said...

What boggles my mind is that some people don't have better things to do than report other peoples' Instagram photos :-(

On another note, I just discovered your blog via Pinterest and am seriously loving it. I pin a lot of Bohemian interior design pics, check it out here: http://www.pinterest.com/rockrosewine/bright-bohemian-interiors/
Peace and Cheers <3

Jen AK said...

WOW! I don't know how she does the headstand and the baby just latches on! Absolutely impressive :o) Breastfeeding can be tough, it was for me with twins, I never had the energy to do something like that...

LYNNETTE MILLER said...

Beautiful images. It is beyond me why some people find the sight of breast feeding so offensive. I breast fed for many years, often in public spaces and I encountered very little negativity. Unfortunately hostile voices are louder than all the rest.