Saturday 28 December 2013

The Glass House..... A Handmade Cabin made of Windows


The Glass House.... A handmade Cabin built for $500 in West Virgnia. The front of the home is made of recycled vintage windows



This beautiful cabin is the handmade home of Photographer Nick Olsen and Clothes maker Lilah Horwitz, set in the West Virginia Countryside. The couple quit their jobs to build and live in this gorgeous Recycled window fronted home that they built for the minuscule sum of $500!!!

Small but beautifully crafted, the homes main feature is a full wall of glass, made from found and scavenged vintage windows.....

To see a short film and a full interview visit the Original article here!!

7 comments:

Milla said...

I loved seeing this, though I wonder how it would fare in storms...

Kath said...

stunning! It looks quite fairy-tale when all lit up.
But I think they need a splash of colour, with a nice patchwork quilt on that bed :-D

Felicia said...

I want to live in a house like that! <3

Bohemian said...

I Adore these Soul Temple Style rooms made of Salvage Architecture. I've been Hoarding Salvage Windows and Doors for such a Project at this Old House one day.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

This is so fabulous! It warms my heart on many levels, just wonderful that creative visionary people find things like old windows and have the sight to re-discover them. x

PinkPanthress said...

Amazing! I don't believe, I would ever be able to leave that place once I put a foot into its door!!!

Follow the royal Peach!

Sirow said...

Ok cool, what about thunderstorms? :D